Project Management Essentials – Part 1 Online Course
Part 1 of Continuing Professional Development’s Project Management Essentials online course has been designed by professionals, for professionals.
This introductory online project management course includes modules on the project life-cycle, defining project goals and objectives, stakeholder analysis, writing the project charter and more… Read independent course evaluations, or preview Part 1 of the course.
Practical, engaging and interactive, it consists of four modules and eight units covering:
Module 1. Project Management Concepts [Total 4.5 hours]
- Unit 1.1 Definitions and history [1.5 hours]
- Unit 1.2 The benefits of project management [1.5 hours]
- Unit 1.3 Fundamental constraints of time, cost and scope [1.5 hours]
- Download Module 1 Overviews: Definitions and History, Top 10 Benefits, Project Constraints
Module 2. The Project Life Cycle [Total 2 hours]
- Unit 2.1 The Project Life Cycle – Define, Plan, Implement and Close [2 hours]
- Download Module 2 Overview: Project Life Cycle
Module 3. Organisational styles [Total 1.5 hours]
- Unit 3.1 Organisational styles and how they affect projects and project management [1.5 hours]
- Download Module 3 Overview: Organisational Styles
Module 4. The Project Define phase [Total 7 hours]
Who should take this online project management course?
- Anyone involved in planning and managing projects.
- Project Managers, Team Leaders and team members.
- Practitioners intending to move into project management or leadership roles.
- Public or private sector managers, supervisors, consultants, cross-functional team leaders or anyone who would like to gain a better understanding of project management.
The principles in this online course apply to anyone who needs to manage projects. It applies to practitioners across a range of skill sets including the science, engineering, architectural, planning, IT, marketing and sales fields.
How long will it take?
This is Part 1 of a three part course. The total course is equivalent to 45 hours of CPD, divided evenly between the three parts. Click here for information on the Project Management Essentials-Part 2 online course.
“Great overview of the PM framework essentials. Easy walk through style of learning with quizzes and tasks to utilize your learnings.”
Tom Pendreigh, Structural Engineer
“Great overview of project management elements. Very helpful and very well put together as a course.”
Katerina Mouliadou, Design Engineer.
“This online project management course offers a comprehensive review of project management such as methodology, tool sets and documentation, and the project life cycle including analysis, planning, design and evaluation. The course also includes project management case studies, providing the learners good examples.”
Marco Panichi, Structural Engineer, Engineering Consultancy
“Good course, simple easy to follow structure, and very practical exercises.”
Special Projects Manager, Property Development and Management Company.
“The course was useful in expanding my knowledge on how to manage projects with better efficiency. The course material was easy to follow and to comprehend.”
“I have found this course very useful and enjoyed the forums, also making the Project Charter was very empowering and I feel ready to take the next step. As I enjoyed this course so much could you please advise me on any follow up courses that I could be doing.”
Lyn Petrie, Community Facilities Support Officer, Community and Recreation, Waimakariri District Council, NZ.
“Great CPD course. Even though it is an “essentials” course on project management, I found the last chapter very challenging, but I suppose it’s better like that – I believe I’ve improved as a project manager.”
Rui Coelho, Special foundations project management – geotechnical engineering, Civil Construction and Engineering
“1. The course material provides really good background/introductory project management information
2. I like the ease of use and the ability to re-read parts of the lessons if needed.
3. I like the ability to review the quiz questions to see which ones are answered correctly and what the correct answers were.”
Project Manager, Professional Institution
“This type of project management course has direct practical application to my work. Stakeholder analysis is a significant issue on complex projects and the Excel template for stakeholder analysis that is provided with the course simplifies this step of the process.”
Senior Professional Engineer, Local Government
“Overall I found the course useful. I particularly enjoyed the interactive exercises – they made me think, and actually apply the lessons learned…”
Engineer, Environmental Consultancy
US $ 495.00Add to cart