Project Management Essentials – Part 2 Online Course
Part 2 includes modules on the Work Breakdown Structure, Project Scheduling, Risk Management, Communications Planning and more …
This online CPD course consisting of seven modules covers project planning and builds on Project Management Essentials-Part 1
Practical, engaging and interactive, Project Management Essentials-Part 2 consists of seven modules covering:
Module 1. The Work Breakdown Structure [Total 2.5 hours]
- Identify all the tasks in a project
- Describe what is involved with each task
- Develop a comprehensive work breakdown structure in graphic or outline format using the practical skills and techniques provided in the online course.
- Download Work Breakdown Structure Course Overview…
Module 2. The Project Work Schedule [Total 2.5 hours]
- define key terms relating to work scheduling
- identify the steps in scheduling the work and place them in a logical order
- estimate time and duration for each task
- understand how to identify resource requirements
- sequence the tasks using network diagrams and Gantt charts
- create a draft work schedule and optimise the schedule.
- Download Project Work Schedule Course Overview . . .
Module 3. Project Costing and Budgeting [Total 2.5 hours]
- Understand the financial resources required to successfully complete projects
- Develop cost estimates
- Determine the purpose and degree of accuracy of estimates
- Identify key cost categories
- Select and use appropriate costing methods
- Factor in risks, apply contingency reserves and review estimates.
- Download Project Costing and Budgeting Course Overview…
Module 4. Establishing the Project Team [Total 1.5 hours]
- Know the 5 defining characteristics of a team
- Understand the 6 key elements for establishing a successful project team
- Gain a better understanding of your personal characteristics and how they may affect team interactions.
- Download Establishing the Project Team Course Overview…
Module 5. Risk Management [Total 2 hours]
- Definitions and a description of the risk management process
- practical skills for preparing a Risk Management Register so that you can incorporate sound risk management into all of your projects going forward.
- A coded Excel template is also provided so you can easily create a comprehensive Project Risk Register.
- Download Risk Management Course Overview…
Module 6. Communications Planning [Total 2 hours]
- Define the purpose and content of the Communications Plan.
- Know who you need to communicate with.
- Understand what information needs to be communicated.
- Know how and when this communication should take place.
- Understand formal and informal project communication methods.
- Write a Communications Plan suited to the scope and scale of your project.
- Download Communications Planning Course Overview…
Module 7. Quality Management [Total 2 hours]
- Define quality and quality management
- List the steps of your project’s quality management process
- Prepare A Quality Management Plan
- Incorporate sound quality management processes into all of your projects going forward.
- Download Project Quality Management Course Overview…
Who should take this Project Management Essentials Online Course?
- project managers
- project team leaders and project team members
- Any practitioners intending to move into project management or leadership roles.
- anyone involved in planning and managing projects
- public or private sector managers, supervisors, consultants, cross-functional team leaders or anyone who would like to gain a better understanding of project management
The principles in this course apply to anyone who needs to manage and plan projects. It applies to practitioners across a range of skill sets including the science, engineering, architectural, planning, IT, marketing and sales fields.
How long will it take?
“Topics were varied and seemed on-point. Administrators always answered queries very quickly . . . Topics were explained very well and the quizzes were good. Forum was a good opportunity to “discuss” issues with others also doing the course. Quite happy that I did this.”
Solicitor, Government Department.
US $ 495.00Add to cart